Thursday, May 29, 2014

More alcohol ink art

These are the three pieces that I did on yupo (a synthetic paper that is smooth and indestructible).
I cut a piece of the yupo, did the artwork, and then mounted it onto a 6 x 12 hardboard canvas.  I get the canvases through Dick Blick and since I found them, I do all of my encaustic wax pieces on them and most of my alcohol ink pieces that I mount. They don't cost much more and they don't sag, or any of the other problems with gallery wrapped canvas.  Last forever.

I will talk more about the process of using alcohol inks and about the yupo in a later short tutorial.  Where I get my stuff, the different types of inks, the wonderful yupo, etc.

But for now, here are my three pieces.  If any of you know me, you are probably gasping.  I tend to be a brownish, blackish, neutral type of artist.  For 15 years or so, bright colors just didn't appeal to me.  But, now I have either been taken over by aliens or I just needed to freshen up my pieces.  My daughter nearly fainted.  She has been trying to get me to add color for years.  Okay, Alisha, I DID.




I am not sure that I have comments that can be posted or if I some time in the past made them so that I had to release every one, so if you should want to email, email me at redheadis@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from others who are inking or want to, or even want to trade small works.

No comments: