Monday, June 22, 2015

Impasto art with oils

Once again, I have found a new art love.  Sometimes I wonder if I have missed a single thing.
I would have said "Nope, will NEVER use oil paints".  And now here I am, with a brand new direction.......impasto oil painting.

I found another artist who was doing some of this kind of work and immediately knew that I had to try it.  After so so much practice, and so much of a learning curve for oil paints.....Hey, I think I've got it.  It has become my newest passion.  No, of course I have not forgotten about alcohol inks. They have just been relocated to the back burner for a time.

I am currently working on canvases that are 6 x 6 inches with 1 1/2 inch deep edges.  I thought this would be good for me to start on, and now I really think that by using a small format, I can make affordable, fun art that I love and anybody can afford.

Here are some of my NEW impasto pieces.






I would LOVE to hear from others who have tried oil paints!!!!

These are listed in our Etsy store, and more fun fun oils to come soon.

No comments: